Auto Insurance in Beaufort and Morehead City, NC
Get An Instant Auto Quote
Here at Willis Insurance, we know how important it is to have the right auto insurance policy for your needs. That’s why we offer auto insurance policies from a variety of carriers. We’ll work with you to find the best policy for you and your family’s needs, ensuring that you’re properly protected and in compliance with North Carolina state law. Give us a call today to get your free quote and learn more about your options.
What Is the Purpose of Auto Insurance?
An auto insurance policy is designed to provide you with a layer of protection against property, liability and medical costs following an accident or other covered incident as defined by your policy. Additionally, North Carolina state law requires drivers to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, as well as minimum amounts of bodily injury and property damage liability coverage. If you don’t have coverage when something happens, it could cost you a lot of money in damages or liability claims, as well as potential fines and legal fees.
What Are the Different Types of Auto Insurance?
There are many different types of coverage that you can add to your auto insurance policy. Please note, some types may be required for you to carry per North Carolina state law and your auto lender (if you have an auto loan or lease).
Here’s a list of some common auto insurance coverages:
- Liability insurance—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage can help insure you against any damage you cause others. There are two kinds of coverage included in liability insurance:
- Property damage liability—This coverage can help pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage can help pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Collision insurance—This coverage can help cover damage costs if you are involved in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance—This coverage can help pay for damages unrelated to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This coverage can help you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance—This coverage can help you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
Depending on your situation, there may be additional coverage you might want to add, such as roadside assistance coverage or new car replacement coverage. Be sure to ask our agency how we can tailor your auto coverage to your needs.
Is Auto Insurance Required?
Drivers in North Carolina are required to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance, as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Additionally, if you have a leased vehicle or an auto loan, your lender may require you to carry minimum coverage amounts. Willis Insurance will work with you to ensure your policy complies with any applicable insurance requirements.
How to Get Auto Insurance
If you’re in the Beaufort, North Carolina, community or the surrounding areas and in need of auto insurance, we’re here to help. Call Willis Insurance today to find out how we can work together and find the auto insurance solutions you need.