Homeowners Insurance in Beaufort NC, Morehead City NC & Surrounding Areas
If your home is damaged or destroyed, the right homeowners insurance policy could help you recover financially. Without this type of coverage, you could face costly out-of-pocket expenses with the potential to cause financial hardship.
The agents at Willis Insurance are here for you. Contact us in Beaufort, North Carolina, to learn more about our homeowners insurance policies.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
The exact coverages included under your homeowners insurance policy may vary with your insurer. The following are some common homeowners insurance coverages:
- Personal liability coverage may help cover costs (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) arising from allegations that you caused third-party property damage or bodily injury.
- Personal property coverage may help pay for damage to your belongings if damaged or destroyed from a covered loss.
- Additional living expenses may help pay for your extra expenses if a covered peril causes property damage that makes you temporarily leave your home for repairs.
- Dwelling coverage may help cover the cost of repairs or replacements if a covered loss causes structural damage to your home.
- Other structures coverage may help pay for damage to additional structures (e.g., detached garage, fences) on your property from covered losses.
Property damage resulting from flooding is generally not covered under a standard homeowners insurance policy. If you live in a high-risk flood zone, ask your insurance agent if you could benefit from a separate flood policy or contact Willis Insurance for more information.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?
Every home is different, and the cost of homeowners insurance varies. Home insurance companies consider several factors when determining the cost of your premiums, including:
- Your coverage limits and amounts
- Your deductible
- Your location (e.g., zip code)
- The age of your home
- The type of home you have
Get started with a free homeowners insurance quote today. Contact Willis Insurance at 252- 728-4926.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
A homeowners insurance policy is not legally required. If you’ve paid off your mortgage or are buying your home with cash, you may choose to forgo purchasing homeowners insurance. If you have a mortgage or are planning to take out a loan to buy your home, your mortgage lender will likely require homeowners insurance.
Homeowners insurance can help protect your mortgage lender’s investment in your property and can provide financial protection if your home is damaged or destroyed. For this reason, you may choose to buy homeowners insurance even if you have no mortgage. The right homeowners insurance policy can provide invaluable peace of mind.
Where Can I Buy Homeowners Insurance?
Contact Willis Insurance to get more information on our homeowners insurance coverage and to get a free quote.